Article provided by: ittrdetox.com
ITTR is the #1 Riverside drug rehab for alcohol and drug abuse. Our calming environment and a helpful team of skilled professionals offer you the perfect opportunity to heal and recover.
What is a stimulant overdose?
Meth and Cocaine are just some of the stimulants that people often abuse. These stimulants affect the CNS, increase the heart rate, body temperature, blood pressure, and pace of breathing. When the stimulant overworks your heart, lungs, and blood circulation, causing you to break down or collapse, you experience a stimulant overdose.
Common symptoms of stimulant overdose are losing conscious, seizures, chest pain, and terrible headaches. In worse cases, it can cause stroke, cardiac arrest, and cardiovascular collapse in individuals.
What are the types of Outpatient drug rehab?
Outpatient rehabs are effective in people that are in the early stages of addiction. Outpatient programs at our Riverside drug rehab differ based on the substance of abuse, the severity of the addiction, and the co-occurring disorders. Some of the common types of outpatient rehab include:
- Day Programs - This program offers the highest level of treatment care and the quickest recovery as the patients attend rehab on most days of the week for several hours a day. Patients participate in detox programs, ongoing therapies, physical training, biofeedback, one-on-one and group counseling, and other treatments to achieve sobriety. This program can consume a significant amount of time each day and can limit the patient's attendance at work or school until program completion.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs - During this program, your doctor and therapist may develop a treatment plan with milestones to measure progress. The patient's time commitment to rehab reduces with attaining each milestone. This offers a more flexible solution for those with work and school commitments. On average, the program involves therapies, counseling, and group session for a few hours a week.
- Post-treatment Care - Continuing care is important in rehab programs to avoid relapse. AA and NA are some of the support groups where recovering addicts find love and support from each other. A licensed therapist often supervises these groups, and these meetings occur weekly once.
Advantages of Outpatient Rehab
Patients in the early stage of addiction can find help from outpatient rehab programs. This program is more flexible and helps individuals attend rehab without taking time off from school, work, and other day-to-day activities. Some of the benefits of an outpatient rehab program include:
- Affordability - Patients will remain at home throughout the program, which means that the treatment will be less expensive.
- Flexibility - For those who have commitments like job and work can easily schedule an hour of rehab every day after work or school.
- Family involvement - Patients enjoy the love and support of the family members and friends throughout this rehab program.
For more information on our top-rated Riverside drug rehab, get in touch with our team today. At ITTR, we offer exclusive tailor-made treatment plans to ensure a pain-free recovery in the shortest period.