Article provided by: Dr. Ben Deheshi Orthopedics Fort Worth, TX
Dr. Ben Ortho is a skilled orthopedic oncologist in Texas with several years of training and experience at some of the top institutions and hospitals. Dr. Ben is one of the best orthopedic oncology doctors in Texas, to specialize in the treatment of bone lesions, giant cell tumors, inflammatory conditions, etc.
Top 5 lesions that do not need a referral to orthopedic oncology
Some of the common types of orthopedic lesions include lipoma, enchondroma, osteochondroma, nonossifying fibroma, and Paget disease. A skilled orthopedic surgeon can identify these lesions accurately using imaging tests and clinical findings. Dr. Ben specializes in orthopedic oncology and can skillfully diagnose, prevent, treat, and manage the lesions.
Patients can develop tumors in their bone, cartilage, or fat. The majority of the tumors are benign and do not spread to other parts of the body. Nonetheless, some of these tumors can be cancerous and are called sarcomas. Some of the common sarcomas include fibrous histiocytoma, liposarcoma, fibrosarcoma, angiosarcoma, leiomyosarcoma, etc. Our orthopedic oncologist in Fort Worth, Dr. Ben, is an expert oncologist and holds several years of experience in treating malignant tumors.
Conditions treated by our orthopedic oncologist
Our top orthopedic oncologist, Dr. Ben, specializes in the treatment of bone and soft-tissue sarcomas. We help patients overcome their malignant tumors using the latest advancements in cancer treatment. Dr. Ben treats a broad range of malignant and benign tumors in both children and adults. With oncology patients, our doctor focuses on reducing the size of tumors as much as possible before opting for surgery. We do this to reduce damage to the surrounding bones and tissues. Some of the sarcomas and non-malignant tumors that we treat include:
- Non-malignant Tumors - bone lesions, giant cell tumor, inflammatory conditions, intramuscular lipomas, metabolic bone disease, myxomas, periarticular cyst, and cystic soft tissue lesions
- Malignant Tumors - adamantinoma, chondrosarcoma, chordoma, Ewing sarcoma, metastatic bone disease, and osteosarcoma
We use treatments such as chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, limb preservation techniques and reconstruction, and surgery to help patients recover from a tumor. We offer rehabilitation, risk assessment, and family support services to cancer patients.
What does an orthopedic oncologist do?
An orthopedic oncologist specializes in treating bone and soft-tissue cancers in the human body. At our clinic, Dr. Ben offers expert orthopedic oncology services such as:
- Diagnoses bone cancers using imagery tests, MRIs, and blood tests
- Determines the course of treatment for removing the malignant tumor
- Performs surgery to remove cancer and conducts the necessary reconstructive surgery to salvage a limb
- Offers follow-up treatment and manages the condition with chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Prescribes medications and other treatment options to deal with cancer-related pain
- Offers personalized patient care in conjunction with other specialists
With the most advanced diagnostic testing, technologies, and treatments for orthopedic oncology conditions, Dr. Ben Ortho is undoubtedly the #1 treatment center for bone and soft tissue sarcoma in texas. Dr. Ben is one of the top orthopedic doctors to specializes in the treatment of malignant and non-malignant tumors. Call us today to schedule an appointment with our highly acclaimed orthopedic oncologist in Texas.Orthopedic Oncologist Texas