Article provided by: Royal Life Detox
WHO states that there are 2.5 million deaths every year due to alcohol abuse. There is much at stake when you try to get into the mental workings of an alcohol addict. The process of how to detox from alcohol is not as easy as making a mental switch overnight. It is a gradual dial that will take effect until you win both the mind and heart as you rewire the brain for a new life after addiction.
Governments worldwide do not consider alcohol consumption the kind of risk that deserves the same fight as cocaine or marijuana abuse. One might expect that the administration will declare a battle to control alcohol's tragic effects like traffic accidents, suicide, and liver illness. You may wonder, how long does it take to detox from alcohol? It is up to us to help addicts gain control of their life by fastening the healing process with detox.
How to detox from alcohol safely.
Medical detox allows the body to reset its functions without toxic alcoholic disruptions. It restores the natural balance and eases the mind to regain normal function without severe withdrawal signs. We help support a healthy detox with the following alcohol withdrawal treatment solutions:
- Behavioral counseling
- Nutritional support
- The supervision of a competent medical team
- Medication to mitigate withdrawal complications
Intense withdrawal symptoms need extreme care to prevent severe physical dependence. People with multiple withdrawal histories should ensure safe detox processes by going through an inpatient medical detox. A few reasons to choose inpatient treatment include the following:
- Ready medical team
- Closed environment
- Uninterrupted focus on recovery
Maintain detox medication
We have a variety of medications to manage acute withdrawal. These medicines quickly relieve the body of chemical toxins for a controlled detox process. Please do not become a statistic of people who befell unfortunate consequences because they did not like the idea of taking pills or other medication options. Some common alcoholism treatment medication includes the following:
The above tips of how to safely detox from alcohol ensure a comfortable recovery for all our patients. The bottom line is the responsibility of a safe recovery is shared between the patient and us. Here is how you can promote the best health for yourself throughout the detox process.
What is the best way to quit drinking?
- Stick to a plan – The key is to adopt a high willingness to change. Do not quit amid a voluntary detox program, which could take weeks or months. Instead, ask our staff to offer solutions for your quick recovery.
- Understand withdrawal signs – Do not panic when you experience withdrawal, such as depression, fatigue, cravings, or physical weakness. Know that detox is only the first step of recovery and will last for the shortest duration among all other rehab services.
- Use the new dietary plan – Long-term alcohol use causes intense dehydration and malnutrition. We allow your body to have proper health by making a diet that will let go of your dependence.
Are you ready to recreate the new life with a conducive detox plan? Call Royal Life Centers at 877-732-6837 for immediate feedback and admission.
View Larger Map