Ear surgery, or otoplasty, is usually performed to set prominent ears back closer to the head or to reduce the size of large ears. For the most part, this surgery is performed on children between the ages of four to 14. Ears are generally fully grown by age four and the earlier the surgery, the less teasing the child will go through. Ear surgery may also be performed on adults and does not carry additional risks on older patients.
Ear surgery can also address the following issues:
- Lop ear-tip seems to fold down and forward
- Cupped ear - usually a very small ear
- Shell ear-curve in the outer rim, as well as natural folds, are missing
- Large or stretched earlobes
- Lobes with large creases or wrinkles
Is eyelid surgery right for you? If you have healthy facial tissue and muscles, are a non-smoker, are non-diabetic, have no underlying vision, thyroid, or cardiovascular problems, and have realistic expectations, then you are probably a prime candidate for upper and lower eyelid surgery. Identify your goals and then compare them to our list of surgical options below.
Typically we can improve the appearance of the eyelid area by:
- Removing excess fatty deposits that cause puffiness.
- Tightening loose skin in the upper eyelid, folds that sometimes hinder vision.
- Removing extra skin and wrinkles from the lower eyelid.
- Rejuvenating puffy bags that appear under eyes.
- Tightening the lower eyelid to create a more aesthetically pleasing position relative to the iris, the colored part of the eye.
A weak or undeveloped chin in a female can make the nose appear larger and the neck ill-defined. With just a few millimeters of augmentation to the chin, the entire profile of the female face can be improved. You May Want To Consider A Chin Augmentation Procedure If You Have The Following Concerns:
- Dissatisfaction with your facial profile due to a small or poorly defined chin
Chin augmentation surgery is performed as an outpatient under general anesthesia or local anesthesia with IV sedation. Through a small incision concealed in the crease under your chin, a pocket is created along the jaw line and a permanent customized implant is positioned to augment the bony structure of the chin and jaw. Scar tissue will form around the implant, holding it in place and keeping the implant from moving.
The shape and appearance of your nose may be due to heredity or an injury. Whatever the reason, if you don't like the look of your nose a rhinoplasty, or nose surgery, may be right for you. Surgery of the nose can change the physical characteristics as well as any structural problems that may affect breathing. Rhinoplasty can accomplish the following aspects:
- Nose size, in relation to other facial structures
- Nose width, at the bridge
- Nose profile, with visible humps or depression on the bridge
- Nasal tip, that a is large or bulbous, drooping, or too upturned
- Nostrils that are large, wide or upturned
- Nasal asymmetry and deviation
It should be noted that rhinoplasty candidates should be finished with facial growth or at least 13 years of age.
We know you have questions and that's why we are here to answer them for you. If these FAQ don't completely answer all of your questions feel free to contact us by our form or a personal phone call. We will be happy to meet with you and go over all of your questions with a free consultation.
You May Be A Candidate For Eyelid Surgery If You Have Some Of The Following Conditions:
- Eyelid puffiness and dark circles under the eyes
- Bags under the eyes
- Drooping upper lids
- A tired or sad appearance
- Impairment in your vision due to excess upper eyelid skin
- An angry or worried appearance